Jollibee is a Philippine fast food restaurant known for the Chicken Joy: a juicy and tasty fried chicken recipe loved by kids and adults alike. This is also considered as one of the most successful dishes in the restaurant’s menu.
A good Jollibee Chicken Joy is something tender and juicy. You will directly fall in love with the dish right after your fist bite. This recipe will not ask for something that is hard to get. The ingredients are all available in one’s pantry or can easily found in your grocery.
It is important that you make the chicken crisp in the outside while juicy in the inside. This can be done by properly managing cooking time and temperature. Try not to fry on very high heat as it will immediately cook the outer part of the chicken fast while leaving the inside raw.
Jollibee Chicken Joy Style Recipe
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups lard or shortening
- 2 teaspoons chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large mixing bowl and then pour-in the marinade. Mix well.
- Place inside the fridge and marinate for 12 hours to absorb flavor.
- Melt lard or shortening in a deep pan.
- Combine flour, salt, and garlic powder. Stir.
- Dip the marinated chicken in the beaten egg and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry in lard or shortening in medium heat for about 12 to 15 minutes