Jollibee Chickenjoy has been my favorite since I was a child. Talk about crispy, juicy, tender, and delicious fried chicken — that can be found in their original recipe. Here’s the good news, there is a new Jollibee Chickenjoy recipe for those who love it spicy — Jollibee Style Spicy Chickenjoy Recipe.
Jollibee Style Spicy Chickenjoy Recipe has the same goodness of chickenjoy, but it is way lot spicier. If you like to have your chicken with rice, I’m sure that your rice consumption will double because it is that good and you will tend to eat more rice to balance the heat.
This recipe will guide you to make our own version of Jollibee Spicy Chickenjoy. Enjoy!
Jollibee Style Spicy Chickenjoy Recipe
- 2 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups lard
- In a medium bowl, put-together the soy sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the chicken drumstcik in a resealable plastic bag. Pour-in the soy sauce mixture and make sure that the chicken are properly coated. Let the air out of the bag and seal thebag. Place inside the fridge and marinate for 12 hours.
- Melt the lard in a deep fryer or frying pan and continue to heat-up until hot enough for frying.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch and flour.
- Dip the chicken in beaten egg and then dredge into the flour mixture.
- Deep fry in 350F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fryer. Serve!
Number of servings (yield): 3