Bon Chon Style Fried Chicken is a very tasty and delicious Korean fried chicken recipe. This is inspired by the famous and fast-growing Bon Chon Chicken restaurant.
As you already know, Bon Chon Chicken is popular for its chicken wings. They make one of the best Asian chicken wings in the world. Aside from wings, you can also use chicken drumsticks. Drumsticks have more meat compared to wings and this part is way cheaper too.
Bon Chon Style Fried Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seed
- 4 cups cooking oil
- Rub salt all over the chicken. Let it stay for 3 hours.
- Make the glaze by combining the soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil in a bowl. Mix well and then pour-in a sauce pan. Let boil and cook for 2 minutes.Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep fryer.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch all over the chicken to coat.
- Fry the chicken drumsticks for 12 minutes. Remover from the fryer and let it dry in open air for 12 minutes.Put the chicken drumsticks back in the deep fryer and fry for 5 to 6 minutes. This will make the chicken crispy.
- Dip the chicken drumsticks in the sauce pan with glaze and make sure that the chicken is coated completely.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Number of servings (yield): 4